request
Kaliningrad Museum of History and Arts

Kaliningrad Museum of History and Arts

21, Klinicheskaya Str., 236016, Kaliningrad
Phone: +7 401 245 38 44    Fax: +7 401 245 39 02
museum_2006@mail.ru
www.westrussia.org

It was opened right after the war and is the oldest museum of the city. The museum started to collect its exhibits in 1946.

The main museum building is the former town hall Stadthalle, built in Koenigsberg in 1912 by the architect Richard Seele in art nouveau. The museum displays permanent and temporary exhibitions in 11 halls. The visitors get acquainted with the nature, history and culture of the region.

The museum includes separately located exhibitions, such as: the Park of Sculpture (situated on the island near the city center), the Мuseum exhibition in the open air «Koenigsberg Castle», the Blindage Museum (the war bunker, where Otto Lasch decided to sign the Act of Capitulation), the Museum of fighting glory “Fort № 5”, the Museum of the Command Post of the 43d Army (the command post during the seizure of Koenigsberg) in Kholmogorovka, Zelеnogradskiy district, the Memorial Museum of Kristijonas Donelaitis in Chistye Prudy, Nesterovskiy district.

 

54.71381
See Also